Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 9 - Finding new activites

Friday, day 9! Detox is going good, haven't cheated and feeling fine!

There is no boot camp on Friday so I decided to go to the YMCA and try their Spin/TRX class. It was great - I've tried Spinning before (a few years ago) and was kind of nervous to try it again - just because it's not something I'm that familiar with. However the trainer was great she encouraged pushing as hard as you can or can't so that's what I did. The nice thing is that you really can't tell how high the person next to you has their resistance... so you can work as hard as you can without feeling like you're not as good as the other person.

TRX is a challenge - but we do use these at boot camp so I did have a bit of experience with them. Instead of using weights - you use your body weight and gravity as resistance. There are lots of moves you can do with the bands and it's awesome!!!

I read an article by the Tone it Up girls today that asked - When do You Slip Up? If you slip up on your healthy eating and exercise every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the month - well that's almost half the month! I love the Eat Clean principle - it's not a diet, it's a way of life. The more you Eat Clean, the more you want to - and it makes junk food a lot less appealing.

Keep up the good work!

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment