Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 6 - Mud & Monday Morning

Sunday was a rest day - I went to work but other than that I didn't do ANYTHING so that was a nice break :) I think we have to let our muscles rest so they can build. Actually I walked to Choices but that doesn't really count - and found this product called Redmond Clay. It was pretty cheap and in the detox/cleansing section so I though I would check I out. After looking online I learned that you can use it as a face mask, detox bath, on cuts, bruises, burns, acne and more. You can also take it internally! I tried drinking it - very strange taste, kind of like milk and then kind of like dirt lol. I also had a bath in it and did a face mask - my own muddy spa evening!

It's important to have people supporting you when you are detoxing. We go to dinner Sunday nights at my in-laws house and they always make us a great meal! They heard from my husband that I was on this restricted diet so they made me a special meal just for me, and didn't offer dessert! That makes it easy for me because I don't have to fight the temptation!

This morning the alarm went off at 5:20am and I hit snooze a few times but then finally got out of bed and went to bootcamp. It was nice and cool out so that was good - doing sprints around the building are starting to become a relief - time to cool down.

Rebecca had suggested that she wants to kick something so the class ended up being kickboxing which is always a challenge but lots of fun. In the studio there is a punching bag, boxing gloves and pads and more - so Aimee can always put together a kick-@$$ workout.


Today is day 7 of my detox so I stepped on the scale. I started at 217lbs and I
am now 208 (9lbs in 1 week!). I was expecting maybe 2lbs the first week - but 9
works ;) Aimee said a lot of it is water weight that comes off right away when
you do a detox like this and that it's important to lose that so that you can
start losing fat (hope I got that right)! Well whatever it is - I'm happy with
that! I don't expect to lose the same amount this week but I will be happy with
1 or 2 lbs of fat.

We did take before pictures last week so hopefully I will have some for you shortly!!

Best,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment