Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 15 - 1 mile!



Friday I went for that run around the Apple Bowl with my coworkers. I managed to do 4 laps without stopping (1 mile). However on the 5Th lap my calves were killing me so I had to stop and stretch. Overall I'm really happy with what I did because I wasn't expecting to be able to do 1 lap. I didn't realise how well my cardio has gotten until now - thanks to boot camp!

The plan is to add more and more until I can do the whole 5k by October 2ND. It is awesome that 3 of my co-workers went with me and also challenged themselves. 1 of them was able to do the whole 5k so she is going to be a big help with my training!


I'm not feeling the weight loss that I did the first couple weeks and I'm trying not to worry about it. Again 1-2 lbs a week is going to be a good goal and I have to be prepared to be happy with that. I am scared that I won't lose anything this week because I cheated twice. I was still inside of my daily recommended calorie intake - but I think it also matters what type of calories you are putting in. I guess we'll see what the scale says on Monday!


I've decided to also participate in the Run Clinic that Andrea is offering - I think that will help me prepare for the Run for the Cure even more. This is going to be an 8 week class and you can book it now for only $49!!! Must book before the 3rd to get this price. Please email info@cross-train.ca to sign up. I believe the class will be Wednesdays around 7pm (depending on the schedules of those who sign up).



Best!

Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment