Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 5 - Sweaty Saturdays!





Friday was a day off from bootcamp as we don't have Friday classes right now (should be back in the fall!).


SATURDAY WORKOUTS are da bomb! If you want a challenge - then come out and try one of these drop-in classes. Aimee has kept this class as drop-in only for those that can't commit to a membership. This class is only $10 and is worth it. Today I think we ended up with a 1.5 hour class after stretching, etc. What a great way to start your weekend!


Also if you don't want to do a membership then you can purchase a punch pass. If you already have a membership somewhere else - get the punch pass then you can throw a few bootcamp workouts in... I bet you will see a big difference!

Back to the workout - we had ANOTHER killer warm-up consisting of 200 mountain climbers (officially my nemesis), burpees, 300 skips, pushups, star bursts, sprinting and more... Aimee times this event so that you can see how you are improving. Today I gave it my all and did really well so that makes me happy. I can see places where I need to improve (like doing a full pushup on burpees instead of a wimpy little bop) but overall I can definitely see an improvement.




When I first went to bootcamp I could barely do anything. I think I went
to one and then couldn't sit on a toilet for 5 days without my legs crying out
in objection... sooo glad those days are over. I can still feel my muscles the next day but it isn't nearly as bad - and now I actually like the feeling because I know that I had a good workout.

I think a lot of people might get discouraged when you first start bootcamp - because it is high intensity and I don't think it's something that we would be able to do at a gym on our own. So from experience - if you feel like you're going to die after trying bootcamp - you won't. And doesn't that just show you how bad of shape you are in? Don't get discouraged, everyone experiences the same thing and it WILL get better :)



Best,

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment